Free dental check-up for the whole month of August!
Brightening your pet’s smile with free dental checks and chews through dental awareness month.
To raise awareness of any oral issues that could be causing your pet discomfort, we are offering free veterinarian dental checks in the month of August. This oral examination enables us to identify any dental abnormalities or periodontal diseases and to treat them early, all while educating you to deliver preventative care to your beloved pet.
Book online, or contact us for more information.
Your dental questions answered
When you bring your pet in for a free dental check, you can expect,
- Physical teeth examination
- Routine check-ups focusing on teeth
- Consultation on any dental issues and how to manage them (Stage one dental package could be offered)
- Advice to return in 6-12 months if no further action is required
- Dental diet recommendation, if needed, or other dental advice relevant to your pet’s needs.
CHECKS ARE FOR DENTAL ONLY. CHARGES WILL APPLY IF ANOTHER TREATMENT IS RECEIVED.
- Bad breath
- Broken tooth/teeth
- Excessive drooling
- Chewing with a favouring side of the mouth
- Bleeding from the gums
- Discoloured tooth/teeth
Bad breath is not normal. In fact, it is a sure sign of significant oral infection. Bring your pet in for a free dental check-up and we will work out the best course of treatment.
There are limited free dental check-up appointments. These appointments are with a range of vets so we cannot guarantee you will see your usual veterinarian.
*See terms and conditions below
Most pets will continue to eat and appear pain-free despite being in large amounts of pain. In our experience, you won’t realise there is an issue or the discomfort your pet is in, unless you get a routine check.
It has been reported that 4 out of 5 dogs over the age of 3 have gum disease. Whilst 70% of cats older than 4 years of age have some form of gum disease.
Most dogs and cats swallow their kibble whole, getting no dental benefit from their food. Even if your pet does chew their dry food, it is too hard and breaks apart as soon as the tooth contacts it, again offering no benefits. Softer, larger kibble helps solve these problems.
Unlike humans, a dog’s jaw does not shift side to side, which means that when they chew down on a bone, a hard ball or a chew toy, they can fracture their carnassial teeth. This fracture can lead to pain and infections. When choosing a toy or ball, choose one that is slightly softer and can bend under pressure.
You can help by examining your pet’s teeth and mouth regularly. First, smell their breathe and if it’s not pleasant, your pet may need a dental check.
Gum problems start when bacteria and food accumulate around the tooth’s gumline. Unless brushed away regularly, these bacteria can destroy tooth-supporting bone and cause bleeding and teeth loss.
Get into the habit of brushing your pet’s teeth regularly. Weekly at a minimum, will make a difference to your pet’s oral health. While you are brushing you can check for any increased redness, missing teeth, or dental abnormalities.
For the month of August, you can schedule a Grade 1 dental for a fixed price of $490*. This includes dental x-rays and a scale and polish. This is an excellent initial step in understanding any issues that may exist below the gum line and will provide your pet with a full mouth clean.
*See terms and conditions below
Get your pet checked and avoid any serious dental issues with free dental check-ups for the whole month of August. Take advantage of a stage 1 dental for your cat or dog at a fixed price, including x-ray (emailed to you), scale and polish for $490.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- FREE DENTAL CHECK-UP APPOINTMENTS ARE AVAILABLE TUESDAY-THURSDAY BETWEEN 9AM AND 4PM WITH OUR ROSTERED VET
- IN THE EVENT YOUR PET HAS OTHER ISSUES TO DISCUSS, NORMAL CONSULTATION PRICES APPLY
- AVAILABLE DENTAL CONSULTATION APPOINTMENTS ARE TUESDAY THROUGH THURSDAY AND MUST BE BOOKED DURING AUGUST
- AVAILABLE SURGICAL GRADE 1 DENTAL PROCEDURE MUST BE BOOKED ON A TUESDAY OR THURSDAY DURING THE MONTH OF AUGUST
- PRE ANAESTHETIC BLOOD TESTS AND IV FLUIDS WILL BE CHARGED AT THE USUAL PRICE IF OPTED FOR BY THE CLIENT AT SURGICAL ADMISSION
- NO ADDITIONAL SURGICAL PROCEDURES WILL BE AVAILABLE IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE DENTAL AWARENESS MONTH OFFER
- FREE DENTAL CHECK-UP APPOINTMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY
- DOGS THAT WEIGH ABOVE 30KG WILL BE CHARGED ADDITIONAL FEES FOR MEDICATION DUE TO THEIR SIZE